GLI currently has no events planned.
Climate Emergency, Energy Democracy and the Labour Movement – A Discussion for Activists
On Wednesday 10th July 2019, a hugely successful open discussion was held at the Mechanics Institute in Manchester. Titled Climate Emergency, Energy Democracy and the Labour Movement, the public discussion followed a meeting between UK labour movement representatives and international allies in Manchester on 9-10 July to discuss climate emergency, public control over the power sector and the Labour Party strategy for decarbonisation.
- Sean Sweeney, Director of Trade Unions for Energy Democracy, New York
- John Mark Mwanika, Programs Officer at ATGWU, Uganda, and Chair of the Urban Transport Committee of the International Transport Workers Federation
- Stephen Smellie, UNISON Scotland
- Clara Pallard, President, Culture Group Executive Committee, PCS
- Clr. Angeliki Stogia, Manchster City Council Executive Member for Environment, Planning and Transport
- Nessim Achouche, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Brussels