GLI currently has no events planned.
Climate Emergency, Energy Democracy and the Labour Movement – A Discussion for Activists
On Wednesday 10th July 2019, an open discussion was held at the Mechanics Institute in Manchester. Titled Climate Emergency, Energy Democracy and the Labour Movement. The public discussion followed a meeting between UK labour movement representatives and international allies in Manchester on 9-10 July to discuss climate emergency, public control over the power sector and the Labour Party strategy for decarbonisation.
- Sean Sweeney, Director of Trade Unions for Energy Democracy, New York
- John Mark Mwanika, Programs Officer at ATGWU, Uganda, and Chair of the Urban Transport Committee of the International Transport Workers Federation
- Stephen Smellie, UNISON Scotland
- Clara Pallard, President, Culture Group Executive Committee, PCS
- Clr. Angeliki Stogia, Manchster City Council Executive Member for Environment, Planning and Transport
- Nessim Achouche, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Brussels